Homecoming is about a week away! As a reminder, please be sure to register yourselves for our Homecoming Tailgate in the official email we sent out. if you haven’t done so already, you can register through this link: http://goo.gl/forms/CbZKefUSNJ
On Friday, September 18, the annual meeting of the Big Red Bands Alumni Association will be taking place at 4:00 pm in the Rowe Room of the Statler. All alumni are welcome, so please consider coming with questions!
Here is some information regarding what will be happening on Saturday.
Saturday, September 19
• 10:15 am – Morning rehearsal at Alumni Field. Join us in practicing this year’s Homecoming song “Pinball Wizard.” Instruments and music folders can be picked up at the Fischell Band Center.
• 11:30 am – Alumni Tailgate and Luncheon at the Fischell Band Center
• 11:50 am – Band Performance at Touchdown Statue Unveiling
• 12:20 pm – Band parades team from the Statler
• 1:00 pm – The band leaves for parade to Ho Plaza
• 2:00 pm – Tailgate Concert
• 2:25 pm – Step off for Pre-Game
• 3:00 pm – Kickoff
• 6:00 pm – Post-game Concert and Reception at Fischell Band Center
We are very excited for reuniting with old friends, reminiscing about band memories, sharing stories with underclassmen, playing great music, and watching football! If you plan on playing music with the band, you can find the sheet music for most of our songs at this link: https://drive.google.com/a/cornell.edu/folderview?id=0B4BQM9nrGRfkejdoaGxzTFJUVWM&usp=drive_web
If you would like a prepared folder or just a copy of the Homecoming song, please let us know when you register. If you also are looking to use a school instrument on game day, please contact a section leader so that they can plan accordingly. You can find the list of Bandstaph positions and Section Leaders on the band website: http://mb.bigredbands.org/bandstaph.php
For the football game, we are arranging reservation of rows in the stands behind the band for our band alumni. Please come and join us, regardless of what the seats on your tickets are. You could purchase tickets ahead of time here: http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?orgid=396&schedule=list&group_id=598209
The promotional code is HCALUMNUS. Discounted tickets will be available until Sunday, September 13th.
We are all extremely enthusiastic to welcome you back to our Big Red Marching Band Family and can’t wait to meet you.
Hope to see you next week!